It’s easy to join the Friends of Cochituate State Park.
We look forward to welcoming you as a new member!
1. Be Proactive!
- Join a project
- Lead an initiative to fundraise for or help deisgn and build a new playground. Think big and launch an elaborate campaign for a new visitor’s center. We’re all ears!
- Become a mascot
- Get into costume and character as Ollie and Olivia, our Otter mascots. They’re fun, they’re sociable, they’re affable and they’re brainy – and we need you to help bring them to life!
- Entertain kids and adults at the park, help answer Ollie and Olivia’s fan mail and respond to requests for appearances.
- Create a Program
- Have a talent or hobby you love? Teach it to kids and adults at Cochituate in a fun, recreational and educational way. You could also organize or participate in a clean-up within your local community or group to preserve the park’s natural beauty.
- Facilitate tax-deductible contributions to help pay for Friends activities.
2. Raise Awareness about the Friends!
- Increase Membership
- Bring new people on board to be friends...naturally.
- Get our Name out there
- Get coverage of the Friends’ events in newspapers, radio, television and, of course, online. Have a talent for the written word? Know someone in the media? Talk up the Friends!
- Plan and implement a full range of marketing and promotional activities for the Friends and the park.
- Supervise our full-service advertising agency, Boston University's AdLab.
3. Help out from the inside!
- Staffing and Volunteers
- Serve as the Human Resources Department for the Friends by suggesting and placing members and volunteers into activities they will enjoy.
- Web and I.T.
- Help with the Friends website and email systems.
- Administration and Finance
- Help with budgeting, accounting and bookkeeping, state and federal filings, insurance and other business matters.